Winter Driving Tips
Posted on December 16, 2021 9:00 AM by Bonnie Straight
Happy holidays to everyone. As we start to see some snow and with many preparing for traveling around Christmas, officers from our Motors unit wanted to share a few simple trips for winter driving.
Pre Trip (Before you go):
- Check your tires/make sure there is good tread
- Check your wiper blades/washer fluid to keep windows clear
- Scrape windows before you leave
On the road tips:
- If roads are snow covered/slick, avoid using cruise control
- Plan ahead and leave earlier than normal
- Increase following distance on the road, even if you have an SUV or all-wheel drive
- Always buckle up!
- SLOW DOWN!