Pools are closed for the season. There will be maintenance being done on the pools.
Rec Center Roof – We will also be replacing the roof on the Rec Center in September while the weather is favorable. – Work has already begun on 9-16-15. The work should take a week to be completed – weather permitting.
HAVENWOOD UPDATE Received from City of Boise 8/18/15:
Boise City Council will hold a public hearing on September 1, 2015 at 6:00pm in the Boise City Hall Council Chambers, 3rd fl. to hear – file number CAR15-00020/Foothilluction, LLC ‘Rezone of 4.32 acres located at 3572 E. Grand Forest Drive from R-1C (Single Family Residential) to N-OD (Neighborhood Office with Design Review). Any questions regarding this item should be directed to Susan Riggs at 384-3830 or at email@example.com. Please identify the file number in the subject heading if sending an e-mail.
To CVOA: 7/30/15
Last week, the Board received a homeowner email requesting what steps the Board plans to take as it relates to the Havenwood development. They specifically asked if we were going to file an appeal.
Based on advice from the Association’s lawyer (see below), the Board is not going to appeal last week’s Planning and Zoning’s decisions/recommendation. The Board’s focus remains in the area where we have legal authority: that is, the enforcement of the CVOA Master CC&R declaration.
The Havenwood developers have indicated that they would like to meet with the Board to discuss “CC&Rs” this month. After the meeting, the Board will make an assessment of the situation.
If any CVOA owner has matters that they would like the Board to consider, please feel free to submit them in writing to the CVOA Recreation Center for the Board’s consideration.
On behalf of the CVOA Volunteer Board of Directors,
Chris Eden – President
Selected notes from CVOA lawyer dated 10JUL15…
P&Z were correct in indicating that the question before them would not include compliance with the Columbia Village CCRs. They are strictly a civil matter. As I had earlier indicated, the CCRs would not figure in the P&Z decision. The Local Land Use Plannning Act does not include CCRs as an item that can be considered in approving or disapproving an application.
The CVOA would not have legal standing to challenge the P&Z decision. The lot in question was originally intended to be developed for apartments as were the adjacent lots designed for business development.
There do not appear to be any grounds for an appeal in any event as the responses from the various agencies would not have supported a denial.
HAVENWOOD PROJECT SCHEDULE:
SLN has provided the schedule below for the Havenwood project: (We will post updates as we get them). Questions regarding this item should be directed to Susan Riggs at 384-3830.
May 26th Application was submitted to City of Boise
July 6th Boise Planning and Zoning Commission public hearing at 6L00pm in the Boise City Hall Council Chambers, 3rd Floor. –
August 11th Tentative date for Boise City Council public hearing*
Note that neighbors within 300 feet and the Association will be notified by the City 14 days prior to public hearings, and the property will be noticed with signs by the City approximately 10 days prior to public hearings.
Letter from the board regarding Havenwood: CVOA – City of Boise
As a Board, one of the goals is keep Columbia Village a great place to live. This spring CVOA is actively addressing fence maintenance issues throughout all of Columbia Village. Please check for and repair any missing or broken lattice work, planks/boards, leaning/broken posts, and remember to keep up on staining.
If you are planning to replace your fence and not just repair it, please remember to complete and submit an ACC request. ACC forms can be found on the cvoa.net website and at the Rec Center.
Ridge To Rivers: http://www.ridgetorivers.org/trails/interactive-map/ Les Bois Junior High Community Map: Les Bois Community Map CVOA Community Map: click here
- WiFi is now available in the rec center! Stop on by and try it out! (You must accept the terms & conditions in order to connect. Please be considerate and responsible when connected.)
- Pay your dues online: visit www.dev-services.com to learn how.
- All are invited to attend CVOA Board Meetings held the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm in the meeting room at the Rec Center. If you wish to speak, please call Shirlee with Development Services the Wednesday before at 939-6000 to be placed on the agenda.
- The Board has an open position. If you are interested in volunteering for the Board please call or email Shirlee at 939-6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Columbia Village RV Storage is filling fast. Come down to the Rec Center to reserve your spot today.
- If you are a resident of Columbia Village Phase 15 (Townhomes) and are wanting to report issues with sprinklers, please contact AMI at 385-9650.
- For all other sprinkler issues please contact The Rec Center office at 433-0643. Please be sure to have details as to the issue and the location.
- Concerns with maintenance of the Simplot Sports Complex? Please contact City of Boise Parks & Rec at 608-7600.