Current Events & Issues
WE ARE EXPERIENCING AN ISSUE WITH SOME KEY CARDS NOT BEING ABLE TO WORK PROPERLY DUE TO AN UNEXPECTED READER ERROR. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING AN ISSUE WITH YOUR KEY CARD AND THE OFFICE IS CLOSED, PLEASE EMAIL MICHELLE AT COLUMBIAVILLAGER@QWESTOFFICE.NET AND BE SURE TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: THE DATE AND TIME YOU SWIPED YOUR KEY CARD, THE NUMBER ON YOUR KEY CARD (PLEASE INCLUDE ANY COMMAS OR OTHER PUNCTUATION) AS WELL AS YOUR NAME, ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
The rec center office will be closed Friday, July 4th in observance of the holiday. Regular office hours will resume Monday, July 7th.
I-84 CLOSURES DURING BLASTING – ITD put out a press release to inform neighboring communities about the blasting that will occur at the Gowen Interchange: The rock must be removed before the new ramps and roadway can be built. This work will require ITD to blast 25-30 times over the next three months. When blasting occurs, I-84 and the Gowen Interchange will be closed and traffic will be detoured for 2-4 hours. The work will be done in the evenings from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Please visit this link for the blast schedule and detour routes: http://apps.itd.idaho.gov/apps/goweninterchange/construction.html
- Update from Aloha Gardening: There was a main break and it has been fixed. Minor breaks have been reported and they are currently being worked on. Mimosa will be watering daily until the new grass seed has established. The remainder of the common areas will remain off unless zones are being run manually. Irrigation is currently on and available. Please continue to report any broken sprinkler heads, flooded zones, etc. by calling Michelle at 433-0643. Please be sure to have plenty of detail available to it’s location so we can address it ASAP.
- Idaho Power will once again be partnering with the City of Boise to bring in grazing goats on the hill sides in the Idaho Power/City of Boise corridors closer to the middle of this month. They advise you are welcome to watch but ask to please keep dogs and children away.
- Please visit the Neighborhood Watch Page for updates posted by the Public Information Office of the Boise Police Department by clicking on “Watch” at the top of the page.
- New information and a map to the Disc-Golf Course can be found here.
- Columbia Village has nice walking paths throughout the community, you can find a map of the community at these following links:
Ridge To Rivers: http://www.ridgetorivers.org/trails/interactive-map/
Les Bois Junior High Community Map: http://administration.lesbois.school.boiseschools.org/modules/groups/homepagefiles/cms/11881/File/BSD_WalkingRoutes_JrHigh_LesBois_20131005.pdf?sessionid=9fb11c6833462e1d98b774f49cda60f7
CVOA Community Map: click here
- WiFi is now available in the rec center! Stop on by and try it out! (You must accept the terms & conditions in order to connect. Please be considerate and responsible when connected.)
- Pay your dues online: visit www.dev-services.com to learn how.
- All are invited to attend CVOA Board Meetings held the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm in the meeting room at the Rec Center. If you wish to speak, please call Shirlee with Development Services the Wednesday before at 939-6000 to be placed on the agenda.
- The Board has an open position. If you are interested in volunteering for the Board please call or email Shirlee at 939-6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Columbia Village RV Storage is filling fast. Come down to the Rec Center to reserve your spot today.
- If you are a resident of Columbia Village Phase 15 (Townhomes) and are wanting to report issues with sprinklers, please contact AMI at 385-9650.
- For all other sprinkler issues please contact The Rec Center office at 433-0643. Please be sure to have details as to the issue and the location.
- Concerns with maintenance of the Simplot Sports Complex? Please contact City of Boise Parks & Rec at 608-7600.