There will be a contractor, Intermountain Aquatics, who will be spraying some fence lines and seeding areas with native seed. They are spraying with a product called Plateau for cheat grass reduction. It is advised to keep pets out of the area until it is dry. They are working in CV from 11/21-11/23. If you have questions or concerns, contact DSI at 433-0643
Upcoming Community Events: November/December
Rec Center items:
1- The CVOA Rec. Center is now accepting credit/debit card payments! Need to pay your HOA Dues? What about reserve the Rec. Center Rental Room? Come on into the recreation center during office hours and we will be happy to process your payment. Office hours Monday-Tuesday & Thursday-Friday 11:00am-5:00pm, Wednesday 11:00am-6:00pm.
2- December 11th- Cookies & Cocoa! More information about this event will be posted closer to the date.
Please Read – Common area under power lines and Idaho Power:
“Did you know the property under the power lines is owned by CVOA? That land is CVOA’s. Idaho Power does not own or maintain the property under the power lines. CVOA has the ownership and maintenance in those areas. Your volunteer board does their best to help maintain these areas on existing budget dollars. Idaho Power only maintains the ability to keep their transmission lines free of hazards. If you have a question, suggestion, or concern for those areas please contact DSI who can forward them to the Landscape and Maintenance Committee. Do not contact Idaho Power for maintenance or landscaping issues.”
No Dumping Please
Please DO NOT DUMP in common areas. Debris was found 2 weeks ago in the common area between Snapdragon and Shagbark. Idaho Power does not own this. CVOA does. Personal dumping costs CVOA. Money to clean up dumping is money taken away from improvements.
Annual Newsletter – For a list of C.V. events click on the link below.
Firewise – The Firewise Representative for CVOA invites you to educate yourself about wildland fire. See the opportunities below:
The 2016 Firewise Communities Ask an Expert Virtual Workshop Series begins Wednesday, July 27, at 1pm MDT with the Power of Embers featuring Steve, Quarles, PH.D. with the IBHS Research Center. This is the third year for the free one-hour workshops designed to connect wildland fire stakeholders with subject matter experts. Pre-registration is required. Additional information can be found at: http://www.firewise.org/online-courses-and-education/virtualworkshops.aspx.
Each workshop provides a conference quality, free learning opportunity with leading researchers and practitioners in an interactive format. Every session closes with a fifteen minute live Q & A with the topic’s guest presenter. Please consider sharing the information with the residents in your program, neighboring communities and other stakeholders in your area.
Workshop #1 – Wednesday, July 27 at 1pm MDT: Power of Embers with Steve Quarles, PH.D., IBHS Research Center
Workshop #2 – Tuesday, August 16 at 1pm MDT: Home Ignition Zone
Workshop #3 – Thursday, September 16 at Noon MDT: Understanding Insurance in the Wildland Urban Interface
Workshop #4 – Tuesday, October 11 at 11am MDT: Community Risk Reduction Success Stories
Workshop #5 – Wednesday, November 9 at 1pm MDT: Wildland Urban Legends – Part 2
As a Board, one of the goals is keep Columbia Village a great place to live. This spring CVOA will be actively addressing lawn maintenance issues throughout all of Columbia Village. Please treat weeds as needed.
If you are planning to replace your fence, please remember to complete and submit an ACC request. ACC forms can be found on the cvoa.net website and at the Rec Center.
For information about CVOA’s position on Havenwood, click here
Ridge To Rivers: http://www.ridgetorivers.org/trails/interactive-map/ Les Bois Junior High Community Map: Les Bois Community Map CVOA Community Map: click here
- WiFi is now available in the rec center! Stop on by and try it out! (You must accept the terms & conditions in order to connect. Please be considerate and responsible when connected.)
- Pay your dues online: visit http://www.dev-services.com/ to learn how.
- All are invited to attend CVOA Board Meetings held the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm in the meeting room at the Rec Center. If you wish to speak, please call Shirlee with Development Services the Wednesday before at 939-6000 to be placed on the agenda.
- Columbia Village RV Storage is full. If you wish to be placed on the waiting list, please email your information to the office and the size of space that you require.
- If you are a resident of Columbia Village Phase 15 (Townhomes) and are wanting to report issues with sprinklers, please contact AMI at 385-9650.
- For all other sprinkler issues please email The Rec Center office at email@example.com so they are able to forward the email to the landscaping company for their records as well. Please be sure to have details as to the issue and the location.
- Concerns with maintenance of the Simplot Sports Complex? Please contact City of Boise Parks & Rec at 608-7600.